D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment (D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI): The present D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment course is formulated to prepare special teachers to work with children with disabilities in general with a special focus on those with deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) and speech disabilities. The programme is designed in way that would help the teachers to work in varying set ups such as early intervention centres, preschools and elementary schools enrolling children with disabilities. These centres or schools could be in special and inclusive set ups. The programme will also prepare the teachers that they could provide home training or if the need arises undertake blended form of teaching.
Program Title: Diploma in Education – Special Education (Hearing Impairment) [D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI]
Country Origin: India
D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Full Form: D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI stands for Diploma in Education – Special Eduction (Hearing Impairment). D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment a Diploma course is formulated to prepare special teachers to work with children with disabilities in general with a special focus on those with Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) and Speech Disabilities.
Table of Content
D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Level
As per Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) Notification of 2021, the nomenclature of the program shall be Diploma in Education-Special Education (Hearing Impairment). D.Ed.Spl.Ed.(HI) is the short form.
D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Duration
The duration of the programme will be two years (four semesters). Each semester will have at least 225 hours of theory papers (75 hours /paper) and 375 hours of practicals. On completion of four semesters, the total theory hours would be 900 hours and 1500 hours would be practicals. Details are given in syllabus and exam pattern section below.
D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Eligibility for Admission
Educational Qualifications for D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment
- Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with 50% of marks in any stream are eligible for the course
Age Limit for D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course
No Age Bar
[Note – Modified as approved in 43rd General Council of Rehabilitation Council of India in its meeting held on 16th February 2021 vide notification no. 2-6/ASLP/2003/RCI dated 7 May, 2021]
D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Objectives & Outcomes
- Understanding of Varying Disabilities: To develop an understanding of varying disabilities and their implications.
- Knowledge of typical Growth and Development: To have knowledge of typical growth and development of learners and realize the psychological aspects influencing learning and education.
- Underlying Philosophies, Evolutionary Practices and the Policy Provisions: To be aware of the underlying philosophies, evolutionary practices and the policy provisions facilitating education of children with disabilities.
- Planning Educational and other related Interventions: To undertake assessments or use assessment outcomes for planning educational and other related interventions.
- Curricular Adaptations and Strategies: To undertake need based curricular adaptations and strategies.
- Pedagogical approaches for Teaching: To apply various pedagogical approaches for teaching at elementary level.
- Concept, Construct and Facilitators: To develop an understanding about the concept, construct and facilitators of inclusive education.
- Realize the Importance and Role of Family: To realize the importance and role of family and community as a catalyst in the education of children with disabilities.
Colleges for D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course
View Affiliated Colleges, their Admission Notification, Exam Patterns, Personal Ratings, Eligibility, Fee, Campus Placement and Recruitment Information.
State-wise List of D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in ANDHRA PRADESH
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in BIHAR
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in HARYANA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in KARNATAKA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in KERALA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in MAHARASTRA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in NEW DELHI
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in ODISHA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in PUNJAB
|D.D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI .Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in RAJASTHAN
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in TAMIL NADU
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in TELANGANA
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in UTTAR PRADESH
|D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Colleges in WEST BENGAL
D.Ed Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Entrance Examination Pattern 2023
The Entrance examination for D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment admissions are conducted by respective Universities or Colleges. The applicant/candidate should have subjects Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subject Biology / Mathematics to qualify the examination criteria. The Question paper consist of equal portions from all the eligible subjects. Few universities probe reasoning and general knowledge questions in their respective entrance exams. The entrance examination question papers are very hard to find so we have provided an arranged set of question papers. Click on “more details” button given below for reference of question papers of different universities.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
Syllabus for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
For all 4 Semesters
The syllabus followed for D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Course is usually the same for most of the institutes as it runs according to the RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) . The syllabus of the D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment course is given below according to its respective semesters.
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 1st Semester (Course I – III) Syllabus
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 2nd Semester (Course IV – VI) Syllabus
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 3rd Semester (Course VII – IX) Syllabus
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 4th Semester (Course X – XII) Syllabus
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment All Semester (Course I – XII) Syllabus
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Alternative Course (for II & V) Semester Syllabus
[Note – A special provision has been made in the syllabus to facilitate DHH individuals becomes teachers. Towards this two alternate courses as annexed in Annexure I & II have been designed if the DHH student teachers wish to opt them in place of Course II and Course V.]
Exam Pattern for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
For all Theory & Practical Papers
Exam Pattern is followed semester wise usually in every six month. Theory papers and Practical papers are set differently in every institute. Rules of Examination is followed under RCI.
The programme is organized in such a manner that the content on the disabilities is spirally integrated in all courses as per requirement to prepare a cadre of special educators who develop competencies to meet the educational needs of children with different developmental disabilities. It comprises of theory, practice teaching and practical papers.
The medium of instruction will be English / Hindi / Regional language. Need based ISL if required for DHH trainee(s). The transactional methodology of the programme includes lectures, demonstration, project work, and discussions, visits to different schools / rehabilitation projects, practice teaching, participation in community meetings, medical camps and community development programmes. On all other issues not mentioned in these rules and regulations like the pattern of question paper, grading, award of grace marks, and declaration of rank, among others, the rules and regulations of the respective University shall prevail.
For detailed information of Exam Pattern of D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Course Click below.
Previous Year Question Papers of D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
Universities or Colleges take acadmic examination per semester according to the syllabus. The previous year question papers are very hard to find so we provide some previous year question papers of different universities or colleges. You can check the questions in link given below.
Books and Notes for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
Books for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
For all Subjects and Practicals
Topics of D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Course is available in different books and books of different authors can be refered for these topics. It is difficult to avail the books. We provide a convenient way to get access to these. Click on “more details” button given below for reference of available Books.
Notes for D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
For all 4 Semesters
BASLPCOURSE.COM will provide a platform for students and professionals to easily access useful RCI-compliant material. We will provide RCI syllabus articles per semester.
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 1st Semester (Course I – III) Notes
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 2nd Semester (Course IV – VI) Notes
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 3rd Semester (Course VII – IX) Notes
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment 4th Semester (Course X – XII) Notes
- D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Alternative Course (for II & V) Notes
Jobs and Salary in India after D.Ed.Spl.Ed. Course
After doing D.Ed. Special Education Hearing Impairment Course the designations of special education professionals in India should be specified as Special Educators for Hearing Impaired. Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists provide a broad range of services to individuals with hearing, balance , speech language and communication problems.
Special Educators for Hearing Impaired work in a variety of settings, including but not limited to:
The D.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impairment) programme will especially help the student trainees develop following competencies:
- Knowledge based competencies:
• Child growth, development and deviations.
• Various disabilities and their associated conditions.
• Educational needs of children with disabilities.
• Differential needs of learners with Hearing and Speech disabilities.
• Legislative provisions & policy guidelines for education and other rehabilitations aspects.
- Skills based competencies:
• Assessment and identification of learners with Hearing and Speech disabilities using multidisciplinary approach
• Interventional strategies of addressing learning styles and preferences.
• Curricular strategies of pedagogical approaches, adaptations and assessments.
• Methods and techniques of teaching of various school subjects in varying settings of special and inclusive schools and home learning programmes.
- Values or Behaviour based competencies:
• Promoting school culture and ethos for inclusive educational practices
• Nurturing equity and quality in educational practices
• Fostering the belief that every child matters, matters equally and can learn.
• Empowering families for equal partnership and advocacy of children
• Involvement of community for resource mobilization and support
It is envisaged that such a programme would widen the horizon for teaching in special schools, regular inclusive schools at elementary level, work in early intervention and preschool set up or undertake home based teaching of children with disabilities in general and those with hearing and speech disabilities in particular. In all such set ups, the successfully passed trainee can practice both online and in blended teaching with confidence.
The Salary after D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course in India is flexible and diverse
|Government Jobs After D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
|Average Annual Salary
|INR 3.0 to 3.8 LPA
|Private Jobs After D.Ed.Spl.Ed.HI Course
|Average Annual Salary
|INR 2.8 to 3.8 LPA
Government Body in India
Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) is a statutory body created under the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992. RCI is entrusted with the twin responsibility of regulating and monitoring the training of personnel in the disability sector, and maintaing a Central Rehabilitation Resister. Any Professional in the disability sector wishing to practice in the area of any disability should not only possess a graduate/diploma degree recognized by the RCI, but should also be registered with the RCI and inculded in the Central Rehabilitation Register.