BASLP Course – Details | Full Form | Colleges | Notes | Jobs: BASLP Course is an undergraduate course of 4 years. The BASLP course trains students to become audiologists and speech language pathologists. They learn methods to treat, identify, and prevent hearing, balance, and communication disorders in people. Award of Degree The University shall award the degree and issue a certificate only after the candidates successfully complete all the University examinations and clinical internships.
Program Title: Bachelor of Science in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
Country Origin: India
BASLP Full Form: BASLP stands for Bachelor of Science in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology. BASLP Course a Graduation degree consists of both areas Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology.
BASLP Course Level
As per UGC Notification of 2014, the nomenclature of the program shall be Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. B. ASLP is the short form.
BASLP Course Duration
The BASLP Course program shall be of 4 academic years including 1 year of internship and should be completed within six years from the date of admission. An academic year consists of two semesters, and each semester shall extend over a minimum period of sixteen weeks excluding examination days. The semesters shall be spread out as follows:
- Odd semester – 1 ( July to December)
- Odd semesters – 3, 5, 7 ( June to October/November)
- Even semesters – 2, 4, 6, 8 ( December to April)
There shall be examinations at the end of each semester. There shall be a vacation of a minimum of 1 week after the examinations at the end of odd semesters and 3 weeks after the examinations at the end of even semesters. Number of working days in a semester shall not be more than 100 days.
BASLP Course Eligibility for Admission
Educational Qualifications for BASLP Course
- Candidates passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board with minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Relaxation in the qualifying marks shall be as per rules and regulations of respective University / State/UTs or Central Government.
- The applicant/candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subject Biology / Mathematics / Computer Science / Statistics / Electronics / Psychology.
Age Limit for BASLP Course
No Age Bar
[Note – Modified as approved in 43rd General Council of Rehabilitation Council of India in its meeting held on 16th February 2021 vide notification no. 2-6/ASLP/2003/RCI dated 7 May, 2021]
BASLP Course Objectives & Outcomes
- Function as Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists: Function as Audiologists and speech language pathologists in different work settings.
- Understand concepts of BASLP Course: Understand concepts in speech, language, communication, hearing, balance and disability.
- Screen, Evaluate, Diagnose and Assess: Screen, Evaluate, Diagnose and Assess the severity of different disorders related to speech, language, swallowing and hearing.
- Management of Disorders: Manage speech, language, swallowing, balance and hearing disorders across life span. Rehabilitation is obtained by treatments, theerapy sessions, habituations and heartful efforts.
- Counselling: Counsel persons with disorders of communication and their family members rehabilitate persons with speech, language, swallowing and hearing disorders.
- Prevent Disorder: Prevent speech, language, swallowing, balance and hearing disorders.
- Collaboration with Professionals: Collaboration with Professionals in allied fields and other stake holders.
- Awareness and Services: Implement public awareness and education program. Undertake advocacy measures on behalf of and for persons with speech language and hearing disorders.
100’s of Colleges for BASLP Course
View Affiliated Colleges, their Admission Notification, Exam Patterns, Personal Ratings, Eligibility, Fee, Campus Placement and Recruitment Information.
State-wise List of BASLP Colleges
|Sr. No.||STATE Names||Links|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||BASLP Colleges in ANDHRA PRADESH|
|2||Bihar||BASLP Colleges in BIHAR|
|3||Haryana||BASLP Colleges in HARYANA|
|4||Karnataka||BASLP Colleges in KARNATAKA|
|5||Kerala||BASLP Colleges in KERALA|
|6||Maharastra||BASLP Colleges in MAHARASTRA|
|7||New Delhi||BASLP Colleges in NEW DELHI|
|8||Odisha||BASLP Colleges in ODISHA|
|9||Punjab||BASLP Colleges in PUNJAB|
|10||Rajasthan||BASLP Colleges in RAJASTHAN|
|11||Tamil Nadu||BASLP Colleges in TAMIL NADU|
|12||Telangana||BASLP Colleges in TELANGANA|
|13||Uttar Pradesh||BASLP Colleges in UTTAR PRADESH|
|14||West Bengal||BASLP Colleges in WEST BENGAL|
BASLP Course Admission and Job Notification
For the Latest Admission alert and Job Notifications of the BASLP Course Please click on the below link.
BASLP Course Entrance Examination Pattern 2023
The Entrance examination for BASLP admissions are conducted by respective Universities or Colleges. NEET UG examinations also takes up students for BASLP. The applicant/candidate should have subjects Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subject Biology / Mathematics to qualify the examination criteria. The Question paper consist of equal portions from all the eligible subjects. Few universities probe reasoning and general knowledge questions in their respective entrance exams. The entrance examination question papers are very hard to find so we have provided an arranged set of question papers. Click on “more details” button given below for reference of question papers of different universities.
BASLP Entrance Exam Question Papers Pdf
We gathered college-specific and year-specific BASLP Entrance Exam Papers from official websites and added them to this page to help applicants. Those looking for the BASLP Entrance Test Papers can find them on this page. Yes, the BASLP Entrance Exam Previous Year Question Papers are accessible in PDF format here. Begin your preparation with these BASLP Previous Question Papers and finish them before the test date.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for BASLP Course
Syllabus for BASLP Course
For all 6 Semesters & 1 Year Internship
The syllabus followed for BASLP Course is usually the same for most of the institutes as it runs according to the RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) . The syllabus of the BASLP course is given below according to its respective semesters.
Exam Pattern for BASLP Course
For all Theory & Practical Papers
Exam Pattern is followed semester wise usually in every six month. Theory papers and Practical papers are set differently in every institute. Rules of Examination is followed under RCI.
On all other issues not mentioned in these rules and regulations like the pattern of question paper, grading, award of grace marks, and declaration of rank, among others, the rules and regulations of the respective University shall prevail.
Previous Year Question Papers of BASLP Course
Universities or Colleges take acadmic examination per semester according to the syllabus. The previous year question papers are very hard to find so we provide some previous year question papers of different universities or colleges. You can check the questions in link given below.
Books and Notes for BASLP Course
Books for BASLP Course
For all Subjects and Practicals
Topics of BASLP Course is available in different books and books of different authors can be refered for these topics. It is difficult to avail the books. We provide a convenient way to get access to these. Click on “more details” button given below for reference of available Books.
Notes for BASLP Course
For all 6 Semesters
BASLPCOURSE.COMwill provide a platform for students and professionals to easily access useful RCI-compliant material. We will provide RCI syllabus articles per semester. This website will shed light on the contents that will quench the thirst of the searcher with scopes of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, colleges available for this Audiology and Speech Language Pathology entrance exams for these courses, paper samples, syllabus based information of every semester.
- BASLP 1st Semester Notes
- BASLP 2nd Semester Notes
- BASLP 3rd Semester Notes
- BASLP 4th Semester Notes
- BASLP 5th Semester Notes
- BASLP 6th Semester Notes
- BASLP Internship Year
Jobs and Salary in India after BASLP Course
After doing BASLP Course the designations of speech and hearing professionals in india should be specified as Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist. Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists provide a broad range of services to individuals with hearing, balance , speech language and communication problems.
Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologist work in a variety of settings, including but not limited to:
- Health care settings (including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medical rehabilitation centers, mental health facilities)
- Regular and Special schools
- Early intervention programs/multidisciplinary rehabilitation centers
- Industiral settings
- Hearing aid and Cochlear Implant manufacturers
- Manufacturers of devices/prosthesis for individuals with communication and swallowing disorders
- Universities/colleges and their clinics
- Professional associations
- State and Central government agencies and institutions
- Research centers and
- Private Practice Settings
The Salary after BASLP Course in India is flexible and diverse
|Government Jobs After BASLP Course|
|Job Title||Average Annual Salary|
|Clinical Audiologist||INR 3.5 to 4.8 LPA|
|Speech Language Pathologist||INR 3.2 to 4.8 LPA|
|Private Jobs After BASLP Course|
|Job Title||Average Annual Salary|
|Clinical Audiologist||INR 4.2 to 4.8 LPA|
|Speech Language Pathologist||INR 4.0 to 4.8 LPA|
Jobs and Salary in Abroad after BASLP Course
The opportunities after BASLP Course is ample in India as well as Abroad. Salaries offered in abroad is very lucrative. However it is advisable to apply for abroad jobs after Masters or Post Doctoral because of the specificity of the professionals in abroad. Multinational companies of Hearing prosthesis manufaturing and dispencing are Amplifon, Siemens, Apollo, Fortis, Cochlear Nucleus, Advance Bionics, Med El, Signia, Phonak etc. also hire audiologist with desirable and lucrative salaries. Top countries offering jobs for BASLP graduates are Canada, India, France, New Zealand, United States, Australia, Japan and Germany.
Government Body in India
Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) is a statutory body created under the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992. RCI is entrusted with the twin responsibility of regulating and monitoring the training of personnel in the disability sector, and maintaing a Central Rehabilitation Resister. Any Professional in the disability sector wishing to practice in the area of any disability should not only possess a graduate/diploma degree recognized by the RCI, but should also be registered with the RCI and inculded in the Central Rehabilitation Register.